12 CELEBRITY FASHION BRAND OWNERS
While you were busy perusing the fine selections at True Fashionistas, Naples' best consignment store, did it ever occur to you that a large number of very famous celebrity minds are behind some of those authentic selections? It turns out that while many of our fave celebs are stars of movies, TV, and music, they are also True Fashionista business owners, heading up successful conglomerates offering designer clothing, cosmetics, jewelry, and more.
Celebrity Fashion Brand Owners who are (or were) Models
Stella McCartney – Making a name for herself with her successful line of eco-friendly haute couture has propelled Ms. McCartney to heights beyond just being the daughter of a Beatle. Her brand has appeared countless times on the industry's top runways. Over the past couple of years, she has also partnered with Taylor Swift to produce a line of sustainable merch for her 2019 Lover album and her 2020 Folklore and Evermore albums.
Victoria Beckham - Arguably the most lucrative celebrity to break into the luxury fashion world as a designer is model Victoria Beckham. She often rocks her designs in public and hosts a fashion show every season. You can shop a selection of her polished self-titled pieces at Florida's largest designer resale and consignment store, True Fashionistas.
Heidi Klum – Better known these days as a judge on America's Got Talent, Ms. Klum initially made quite a name for herself for her 13-year run as a Victoria's Secret angel. In 2015 she launched Heidi Klum Intimates. Klum has also appeared on many other TV shows and in movies.
- Gigi Hadid – As an international modeling star, Gigi Hadid appeared on 35 Vogue covers worldwide. She walked runways for many of fashion's top names before launching collaborations with Tommy Hilfiger, Reebok, Vogue Eyewear, and Messika jewelry.
Celebrity Fashion Brand Owners who are Movie and TV Stars
- Reese Witherspoon – While Reese continues to star in movies and produce projects like Apple TV's The Morning Show under the umbrella name of her production company Hello Sunshine, her True Fashionista Draper James line of casual, comfortable clothing infused with her southern charm is its own success story.
- Kate Hudson – Kate Hudson has starred in the movies such as Almost Famous, for which she won a Golden Globe, and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, among others. However, the fashion world adores her for her Fabletics line of athleisure wear, especially leggings. Most recently, comedian Kevin Hart and wife Eniko released a nature-inspired line of Fabletics activewear. Fabletics is often among the offerings at True Fashionistas, Naples' best designer consignment store.
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Having launched her Goop cosmetics line back in 2008, Ms. Paltrow is better known these days as the mogul of what is now a lifestyle brand that includes wellness products, a recipe portal, and more. She's got a rock-solid list of movie appearances in which to watch her stellar acting abilities, including Marvel's Iron Man series, Shallow Hal, Shakespeare in Love, and Great Expectations.
- Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen – The famous twins garnered their earliest fam for taking turns to play a character in TV's Full House. The twin sisters co-founded The Row in 2006, which Vogue has described as "a go-to label for women who favor discretion over bold display." A year later, they launched Elizabeth and James for broader audience appeal. Both labels include a line of purses, often found in the collection at True Fashionistas designer handbag consignment.
Celebrity Fashion Brand Owners who are Musicians
- Jessica Simpson – Making her debut in 1997 at 17 years old, singer Jessica Simpson took the world by storm. In 2005 she launched The Jessica Simpson Collection in collaboration with Nine West co-founder Vince Camuto. Thanks to the success of the True Fashionista collab, Simpson continued to build the brand, which now stretches across 22 different licenses, having grossed over a billion dollars since.
- Cardi B – You might know of Cardi B as the female rapper with the most songs with a billion streams on Spotify or the most-streamed female rap album. These days, she also designs clothing. Getting the singer's style is easy, thanks to the line she launched with Fashion Nova in 2018. The following year, her second Fashion Nova release broke sales records, making the company $1 million on the first day.
- Beyoncé - The singer launched her activewear clothing line in 2016 with Topshop. Beyoncé took back Ivy Park and is currently working toward a relaunch of the line with Adidas. The new pieces will include shoes, performance gear, and lifestyle apparel.
- Selena Gomez – The former Disney Channel star also released a line of albums with her former band Selena Gomez & the Scene and several Spanish-language albums. She launched her Dream Out Loud with Selena Gomez line in 2010, focusing on bohemian style dresses, jeans, scarves, and more, made from eco-friendly materials. Her ready-to-wear accessories and handbag collection created for Coach debuted in 2016. Coincidentally, True Fashionistas had already launched in our original location, featuring, among the collections, authentic designer handbags on consignment.
Find clothing, footwear, and accessories from these multi-talented designers, plus hundreds more at True Fashionistas consignment store, Naples. Shop in-store or anytime in our online store. Authenticity guaranteed!